Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:32:00 -0700
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:12:56 -0400, Bruno Robichaud
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hey, I'm going to try again to gain a "answer" to my issues. I Want listserv
>to send the bounced email to another mailbox which I'm going to give him the
>email address to send to. I'm using Mail-merge distribute job,

 DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE [log in to unmask] DBMS=YES PW=??????

The value in FROM= on this line sets the RFC821 return-path address where
all bounces should be reported to.  If you want to use the LISTSERV
CHANGELOG method of capturing bounce information, then there is some
specific syntax that must be followed in specifying this address.  If not,
then any valid email address can be used.

>I want to be able to parse physical bounced email to get the
>Email address

This is what LISTSERV already does for you, as well as extract the reason
for the bounce (as stated by the reporting mail server).  Some of us are
perhaps mystified why you seem to insist on re-inventing a wheel that is
already round and rolling rapidly in the right direction.  But if you'd
rather not use the services provided by LISTSERV in this area, you can have
it your way.