Mark_Strawcutter <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Jul 90 09:27:00 EDT
We subscribe to the INFO-VAX list (via LISTSERV@VTVM2).  This list is really
a feed from the internet.  Contrary to the "map" in the list header, the
feed comes in to UGA, not MARIST.  It then goes to CUMCCVMA, then to VTVM2
and messages get distributed to us using MAILER@PSUVM (this last part is
a guess based on headers - looks like LISTSERV uses known VM-mailers to help
it out?)

Anyway, postings to the list are made to the internet list address and we see
them come back thru LISTSERV.  The other day I made a posting and what came
back thru had my message "replicated" 3 times with the middle replication
incomplete (1 or 3 may have been, too but I can't tell for sure since some
headers get removed by LISTSERV).

UGA maintains an archive - my message looks fine there.  VTVM2 also maintains
an archive - it's messed up there (looks just like what I ended up getting).

Where do I go from here?  I've seen this happen with other folks messages,
but usually usenet postings and I just chalked it up to a strange usenet->
internet gateway...
Mark J Strawcutter                           BitNet:    MJSTRAW@IUP
Director, Systems and Data Communications    InterNet:  [log in to unmask]
Indiana University of Pennsylvania           AT&T:      (412) 357-4000
Indiana, PA   15705                          "you can't nail jello to a tree"