"Jonathon Simon" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jan 1992 16:53:39 CST
The message below appears in my reader periodically.  I know what its
trying to tell me - I also know that 1.7b has a new function that allows
LISTSERV to dynamically check the remaining free storage.  What I can't
figure out is what makes LISTSERV send the message.  Is it just
when it starts up?  And finally, my LISTSERV seems to work just fine
although I'm getting the warning.  Do I really need to expand LISTSERV's
strorage?  What price am I paying by not bumping up storage to 4M?

Message text:
 Warning:  the  amount  of  available  virtual  storage  for  LISTSERV  after
 initialization is only 2.1M. You should increase the VMSIZE of LISTSERV from
 3M to 4M...