Mike Grosshandler <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:04:29 -0500
Hi,

I'm trying to help a user who is subscribed to a list here at the University
at Albany.  She wants to send a WordPerfect file through her list, and I'm
trying to find an Attachments= keyword to allow this.

Her list is currently configured as this:

Attachments= application/*msword,application/*excel,application/pdf,
Attachments= image/gif,image/jpeg

And it's not allowing the .WPD attachment through.  I've tried testing with
a test list, and various email clients, and am having trouble finding the
entry that will allow all WordPerfect attachments through, in the way that
application/*msword allows all Word documents.

When sending this .WPD file from OE6, it seems to be tagged as
multipart/alternative.  From NS4.8, it shows it as
application/x-unknown-content-typeWP9DOC.  So the .WPD file is not being
consistently recognized as a certain content-type.

When I put Attachments= application/x-unknown-content-typeWP9DOC, and send
the attachment from NS4.8, it passes through this list ok.  However, if I
send from OE6, it gets rejected as multipart/alternative.

A related question:  Does Listserv recognize the * in application/*msword as
a wildcard?  If not, what is the purpose of the asterisk?

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks much.

  Mike Grosshandler
  Senior Programmer/Analyst