Frank Laurijssens <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:21:57 +0100
BTW, Shannon said in another message that someone submitted a bug to MS - I did that. I can't find a reason in the RFCs why the formatting should end up in the subject line, especially with the long subject issue. RFC822 clearly states that a line starting with one _or more_ spaces is to be treated as a continuation of the previous line. Exchange 2000 only removes the first space, and that's why I filed the bug.

The fact that there's other software that treats headers the same way Exchange 2000 does, does not mean that Listserv is the culprit, although I strongly believe (like I said before) that the formatting that Listserv does is bad anyhow.

Question to LSoft: is this formatting behaviour the same in 1.8e or has it been removed?

FrankL