Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Nov 1992 23:55:10 +0100
This error  means LSVFILER couldn't  find 36k  of storage to  load DOMAIN
NAMES in memory.  LISTSERV@UCBCMSA suffers from a  CMS storage allocation
bug which UCB folks are aware of. What happens is that after a few hours,
a SHOW STOR command reports about 5M of available space out of 12M, in no
less than 1585 fragments, none of them  larger than 64k (I doubt the rest
of  the memory  has actually  disappeared -  LISTSERV just  doesn't count
fragments larger than  a certain size, 4k I think,  because it takes time
to count  them and it  can't really use tiny  chunks of storage).  I have
contacted  UCB and  they are  now rebooting  their server  every hour  to
circumvent the problem.

  Eric