Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Aug 1995 02:52:25 +0200
On Fri, 25 Aug 1995 06:56:24 -0700 Thomas Ogilvy <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>For list mail we set the list to:
>
>*  Safe= No          Loopcheck= Full         Errors-To= Owner
>
>Which does not put in the owner-/-request addresses, but this does not
>appear to work for the welcome message.  How can we change this so we
>get bounces for welcome messages to bad addresses.

I don't think you can do that.  "Safe= No" is a compatibility keyword, as
a matter of policy when we make a major change we try to provide a way to
disable it. But specifically asking for errors  to be sent to the list is
bound to  create more trouble than  making SMTP or whatever  forward mail
for owner-xxx to  the address of your  choice. You can do  this through a
NAMES file on the SMTP userid, they call it mail forwarding I think.

  Eric