"Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 06:55:07 -0400
  How do you delete a LISTSERV list that's no longer needed? (it has no
subscribers - it was a test list, so nobody needs to be notified).

  I tried putting the list header with the password and a null header,
but LISTSERV told me to see my admin. I looked in the mirror, but that
didn't help 8-)

  On "classic VM" LISTSERV a CMS ERASE would do the trick, so I tried
deleting the <name>.list and <name>.oldlist files and restarting LIST-
SERV. That seems to have been partially successful - LISTSERV reports
less license units used than before, and a REVIEW command says there's
no such list, but the list info is still in loclist.file and globlist.
file. Will this be preened later as part of a scheduled event, or is
there something else I need to do?

        Terry Kennedy             Operations Manager, Academic Computing
        [log in to unmask]      St. Peter's College, Jersey City, NJ USA
        +1 201 915 9381 (voice)   +1 201 435-3662 (FAX)