"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Thu, 29 Mar 90 16:19:16 EST
Linda Littleton (who by the way is doing a FANTASTIC job gatewaying
LISTSERV lists into USENET newsgroups) says the following:

>I'm dumping the 2 lines in a file & sending it.  It was easier to
>automate the gateway stuff that way.  It's odd but most Listservs accept
>it and a few don't (all running 1.6d).  If you want, I can resend them
>all with messages.  If you can track down what is wrong, that would
>help me with the gateway setup code.

and this is what I get from LISTSERV (any ideas?) :

Error occured while processing file 8762 from NETNEWS@PSUVM: "Command mailfile
contains invalid RFC822 fields and could not be parsed".

RFC822 parser messages follow:

<W> Invalid RFC822 field -- "SUB AAUA-L NETNEWS SERVER:". Rest of header
    flushed.

<E> "From:"/"Sender:" field is missing.

-------------------- Message causing the problem (2 lines) --------------------
SUB AAUA-L Netnews Server