David Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 12:31:26 -0400
As you may know, IBM is leaving BITNET very soon; this may cause bounces on
mailing lists, since a service machine at the IBM Almaden Research Center,
INTEREST at ALMADEN (or INTEREST at ALMVMA) is a major redistributor of BITNET
mailing lists to IBM users.  Unfortunately, I just found out that our BITNET
membership was being terminated and have not been able to clean up
subscriptions; if you, your LISTSERV, or your mailing list is affected, you may
want to change any ALMADEN or ALMVMA subscriptions to the same userid at
almaden.ibm.com.  However, if you have INTEREST at ALMADEN or ALMVMA as a
subscriber, please change it to [log in to unmask], since
that's the address that outgoing Internet mail from that service machine will
have.

I apologize for any problems that this may cause; as I said, this was an
unpleasant surprise to me, too.

-- David Singer, supposedly-ex-maintainer of the INTEREST at ALMVMA service
machine