Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 May 2002 11:08:20 -0400
On Mon, 13 May 2002 10:08:43 +1000, Michael Shannon
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>have you made any changes to your mail system lately?  Check your daily
>LISTSERV logs to see if you're getting them in the first instance.  If you
>are and you're not seeing them in your admin mailbox then it's likely a
>problem with your internal mail setup.

No changes... there's no evidence of any X-SPAM jobs since the 24th at all.
we are still getting "LSVLDELT REFRESHME" from a few listservs around, but
nothing else.

>If you don't see them in your daily logs then you're not getting them from
>an upstream source.  Check your RUNMODE settings.

It had been the default (unset) which should translate to "NETWORKED". I
have since set it to that value explicitly with no change.

>If it's in TABLESS or NETWORKED mode there should be an
>upstream address specified.

There's no specific address set... when the lsv processes startup, the
specify:

  Nearest backbone host is [log in to unmask]
  Nearest NJE host is LISTSERV@CUNYVM

We have never specified an upstream server before... no change there.

>This machine is responsible for sending you all administrivia and
>if it's an incorrect address then you won't see it.  Check with
>L-Soft for the correct address.

I'll have to give them a call.

Thanks for your help.

-- DCP