Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:49:14 EST
John Cottingham wrote:

> Weekly logfiles created by 1.7f contained 7 days of messages. Logfiles
> created by 1.8b contain 6 days of messages.
>
> Why?

Our list runs at St. Johns, and I believe it is version 1.8b or later.
What I have noticed is that the weekly logfiles always start in these
days in the month: 1, 7, 14, 21, and 28.  That means the first logfile
of the month is only 6 days long, the next three are 7 days long, and
the fifth one finishes out the month.  I suspect this is done to avoid
problems with not having five logfiles in non-leap year Februaries.

--
-- Jim Lyles ................... Home: [log in to unmask]
-- Holly, Michigan, USA ........ Work: [log in to unmask]