"Stoughton, Brian F." <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:54:22 -0500
Here's something I came across a couple weeks ago...

This problem occurs if the e-mail activity that you sent has more than
999 continuous characters in the e-mail activity message body.

Some e-mail systems use an unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE) filter
that may be configured to reject e-mail activities that have more than
999 consecutive characters in the body of the e-mail message. A
Microsoft CRM e-mail activity may be rejected by the UCE filter in the
recipient's organization if either of the following conditions is true:
*	The message body contains more than 999 consecutive characters.
*	The message contains no line feeds or carriage returns.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gartner, James
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 1:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MAX length of Subject: line???

Does anyone know the max length of the Subject: line allowed through the
listserv (and any other mail systems)?
I've looked through the RFC 822, but I didn't see any max number
indicated.
Thanks,
Jim

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
thereto, is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express
permission. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message,
or any attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us
by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its
attachments. Thank you. Every effort is made to keep our network free
from viruses. You should, however, review this e-mail message, as well
as any attachment thereto, for viruses. We take no responsibility and
have no liability for any computer virus which may be transferred via
this e-mail message.