Ross Patterson <A024012@RUTVM1>
Thu, 5 May 88 09:14:01 EDT
Michael,

    Save us  all a headache, and  simply register BOSTONU as  an alias
for BUACCA.  In fact, register CCMRG@BUACCA as the contact for it, and
CCMRG@BOSTONU as  an alternate contact.  LISTSERV  will recognize both
as NAD's  for their  own systems.  Use  CCMRG@BOSTONU to  delete users
from lists, and CCMRG@BUACCA to resubscribe them.

    Even if you choose not to do  that, I'd still set up BOSTONU as an
alias.  After  all, you're liable  to be flooded with  complaints that
non-LISTSERV  mail  to  <fill  in  the  blank>@BOSTONU  isn't  working
anymore.

    In checking  out my first  suggestion, I noticed that  the routine
that decides whether  or not you're a NAD (LSVNAD  EXEC) doesn't honor
the :ALIAS tag.  It would be nice if it did, then something like

   :NODE.BUACCA :ALIAS.BOSTONU :CONTACT.CCMRG@BUACCA

    would  allow  "CCMRG@BUACCA" to  be  a  NAD  for both  BUACCA  and
BOSTONU.  It's  a small  change, and  wouldn't introduce  any overhead
except when checking for the alias_node,  or when the node in question
doesn't exist.   Eric, is  it too late  to ask for  this one  in 1.5o?
(I've got it done, if you want it.)

Ross Patterson
Rutgers University