Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:30:34 -0500
On 12 Jan 2006 at 19:28, Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes that exactly what I'm doing, I send the email to listserv, listserv then
> get my recipient and the other data from my sql server (all that work) and
> then send it to all the user, and I want all the bounced email to go to a
> specific place on another server, and be able to put a subject in the mail
> header and be able too to send multipart email text/html.
> Can you send me a example wich would work for my solutions if your not to
> busy. thx

I think if you take out the HELO etc. and start at the // JOB line in
your email message, and add a space before the FROM= on the
DISTRIBUTE line, and send the email to LISTSERV@yourdomain, you've
pretty much got it.

> Also in a different matter what the difference between LISTSERV and the
> LISTSERV Maestro because my boss want to buy the product but first I have to
> make sure it's complete our need but if you tell me that maestro would be
> better maybe I can talk to them about it.

What LISTSERV Maestro adds to LISTSERV:

 1. A very nice, very easy to use interface for defining an email
    message (text, html, or multipart text/html) with or without
    attachments, with or without data merged in to recipients from any
    of the following sources: - A LISTSERV list (traditional or
    DBMS-backed)

   - An external database (e.g. select data directly from your
     SQL server database)

   - A text file

   - Recipient Datasets defined in LISTSERV Maestro (see point 2
     below).

    Bounces can be directed to a particular address or collected by
    LISTSERV.

 2. A Recipient Warehouse: instead of being limited to EMAIL and NAME
    as in traditional LISTSERV lists, you can store any other data fields
    you want. The wizard for creating these datasets is very easy to use:
    no degree in Information Technology required: you just tell it what
    fields you want to collect, their type (text, number, boolean, or
    choices from selection lists that you define), and whether they are
    optional or mandatory. LISTSERV Maestro can automatically create the
    Web pages where subscribers can go to enter their data and subscribe
    to lists. But if you don't like the way Maestro presents these
    subscriber pages, they are fully customizable (as of Maestro 2.1).
    Each dataset can contain multiple lists, and the lists can be
    "Hosted Recipient Lists" (aka HRLs) which are just usable in Maestro,
    or they can be "Hosted LISTSERV Lists"(HLLs) which are regular
    DBMS-backed LISTSERV lists, with all the features of LISTSERV:
    archives, digests, discussion lists, moderated lists, LISTSERV
    auto-delete processing, etc.

3. Tracking and reporting. For Mail-merge messages sent using
   Maestro, you can collect tracking data to know how many
   people clicked on the links in your email. There are 4
   levels of privacy for tracking: if you have permission from
   your subscribers to track them, you can find out exactly who
   clicked on what links. If not, you can get anonymous demographic
   tracking data (how many in US clicked vs. how many in Europe)
   if your recipient data includes demographic information,
   or just raw counts (how many unique addresses clicked on
   this link?).

From what you've said so far, it sounds like you at least need #1.
Yes, you can do that without Maestro using DISTRIBUTE jobs, but with
Maestro we've taken the pain out of it.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html