Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:24:59 -0500
On Mar 31, 2006, at 7:44 AM — 3/31/06, Eggleston Scott wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem.
>
> Some of our users are experiencing problems with certain lists
> whereby old messages are periodically being resent to the list
> subscribers.
>
> This is causing many problems as you can imagine especially if
> the communications are of high importance.
>
> Is there any setting on the List Server that can be modified to
> prevent
> this ?

If the problem is with the Listserv (which is highly doubtful), then
you can certainly take steps to resolve that issue at that point.
More likely, the problem is with either the recipients' mail transfer
agent and/or your Listserv's mail transfer agent. You need to get the
full header of some of those duplicate postings, then look at the
relevant log files at the times of those postings and compare them
with the details in the header.