Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 10:24:50 -0400
Excuse me for butting in but we have a large AOL subscriber base.

With the choice of ignoring source-routed headers (ACCEPTABLE practice
based on a standard) versus rejecting them and bouncing them back (did you
quote how many MILLION yesterday?), you select to bounce, without notice
and the saturation of the Internet with much smaller sites be DAMED? AND
YOU ARE CALLING WHAT WE DO EVIL???

Anyway, our version of local sysvars doesn't have a SOURCE_ROUTES option,
so what advice are other Listserv maintainers in our position giving their
List Owners?

We also have unhappy AOL subscribers who are not supposed to exist.  We
*are* migrating, but I'm not going to rush it because AOL has decided to
bounce their list mail....some of these are alumni lists from our business
program so it isn't like they can just start their own list.  While it is
all too easy to prevent new subscribers from AOL, I think the people
already here deserve to be treated better than a set to NOMAIL or global
DELETE. It might be a good idea for someone more objective than I to
come up with a standard "blurb"?

Sincerely, Trish
Trish Forrest
ITS - Queen's University