Peter 'Rattacresh' Backes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:27:26 +0200
Hi,

here's a contribution to the wishlist: I'd love to see a feature
which makes LISTSERV to automatically remove anything below a line
that starts with '-----' if X-Mailer contains 'internet mail service'
or 'outlook'.  It just cuts down traffic a lot.  Another 'leet
feature would be to code an option that makes mail bounce back to the
sender if the amount of lines starting with '>' is greater than the
amount of those lines that don't.

It's because to use such options would be a lot cheaper than buying
additional line bandwidth.  I saw lists whose traffic was about 60%
quotes.

-- Peter 'Rattacresh' Backes, [log in to unmask]