Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:24:12 EST
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:37:38 EST LISTSERV Maintainer/Administrator said:
>I found the following reference located at
>http://www.iupui.edu/~lstmaint/listserv_tips.shtml#7.
>
>If you need more than one editor to receive all submissions, you may create a
>separate (non-edited) list with just the editors subscribed. Then you can use
>this small list, editlist in the EDITOR keyword of the edited list as follows:
>   EDITOR=editlist,(editlist)
>
>I can't find any reference to this in the documentation. When I tried this, I
>of course (as the documentation suggests) created a mail loop which brought
>down Listserv. Can anyone help me on this? Is this even possible?

Correctly (and this doesn't address your problem, see below), you'd do
something like

* Editor= [log in to unmask],(list_of_editors)

to make the subscribers of another list editors of your list.

The first editor MUST be a real person, as documented.  Note that LISTSERV
TIPS is a VERY old document, written for LISTSERV running on VM/BITNET, and
it should be taken with a grain of salt these days.  Lisa did a wonderful
job putting it together but it's just plain badly outdated.

That being said, in order to do what you really want, which is to set up
multiple editors who all get all of the postings, you need to do something
like

* Editor= [log in to unmask]    <-- note duplication in Moderator=
* Moderator= All,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask][,more moderators...]

(as noted in the documentation).  You can use multiple Moderator= keywords
if needed, eg

* Moderator= All
* Moderator= [log in to unmask]
* Moderator= [log in to unmask]

The key is to make sure that you code "All" before anything else in the
Moderator= setting.

Nathan