Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:24:31 -0400
Listserv Admin wrote:

> The "From:" field turns out to be real and actually belongs to a company
> and is an auto-responder and as you can imagine, we've had a mailing loop
> that crashed the machine before I was able to SERVE OFF the address.
>
> I've been talking to the owner of the company and he does NOT want to turn
> off his auto-responder -- which is what I suggested he do temporarily.
> What he does want, is to never get e-mail from us/Listserv again -- from
> reading the documentation, I see no way to accomplish this, and as I type

You said you served it off; assuming you left it served off, you've
probably done the best you can do on that score.  But if the mails
your server got were spoofed, he may be getting spoofed mails too, from
the same source.  Any possibility that you can get hold of the Received
headers from one of the spoofed mails and find out where the spoofs are
coming from (probably somebody with a virus)?

Margaret King
Michigan State University