Peter Sylvester +49 228 303245 <GRZ027@DBNGMD21>
Sat, 08 Nov 86 16:39 CET
> and FRCPN11 was down  so no way to reach the States or  Germany via CMD FRCPN1
> CMD CERNVM CMD CEARN... :-( Could one of  the JES2 people here tell me what th
> proper command is, pour la prochaine fois? :-)

There is no reason to complain. If I call someone on a VM site to
"start line75" the operator will not understand you. Eric, please
recognize the fact that there are other languages around and VM-RSCS
is *NOT* the universal communication language.

The command is $sline40  (at FRMOP22 at least).

I'm almost sure that all lines at frmop22 are activated by
automatic commands. Because of the unsymmetric NJE interface of
RSCS V1 the line *MUST* be activated from the RSCS site in cases
where there was not error exit active.

>   Version 8611  of BITEARN NODES is  out. Please retrieve file  VERS8611 NODUP
> from  Netserv, run  UPDNODES,  reboot LISTSERV  and run  NODESGEN.  Here is  a
> exerpt from VERS8611 NODUPD:

And folks, it is wrong. It has a NODENUM 0000 in it which was
not found by any of our famous nodemanagement programs. :-(

I'm not in charge of changing something, it cannot be the task
of UPDNODES to verify the semantics of tags in the data base. ;-)

Peter