"Paul D. Russell" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:17:51 -0500
We moved LISTSERV from VM to Solaris last year and are no longer
restricted to 8-character list names. Consequently, we have adopted
a naming convention for course-related lists which identifies the
department, course, section, and semester for which the list was
created. In addition, archives for all course-related lists for a
given semester are stored in the same subdirectory tree. For example,
a list for MATH 101, section 1 for the Fall 1999 semester would be
named MATH101-01-FA99, and its archives would be located in the
/archives/courses-fa99/math101-01-fa99 directory.

This is not particularly elegant, but it works for us.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator