"Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:19:58 -0400
  Hopefully this is short, to the point, and non-soapboxish in nature 8-)

  I received about a dozen warnings from my LISTSERV regarding this most
recent spam attempt. While I'm sure LISTSERV thinks it's doing me a favor,
I would rather only hear about it once per poster.

  I realize that due to the distributed nature of LISTSERV, each server that
sees a spam will let all its friends know about it. In fact, the notices I
get seem to be one per server that noticed the event (possibly more).

  However, couldn't my local LISTSERV keep track of the address that was
being banned (I expect it does that already, to force manual review of
postings, if any come to my server's lists) and only send me one warning
per source address (instead of the current one per LISTSERV)?

        Terry Kennedy             Operations Manager, Academic Computing
        [log in to unmask]      St. Peter's College, Jersey City, NJ USA
        +1 201 915 9381 (voice)   +1 201 435-3662 (FAX)