Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:43:48 -0800
Dear LSTSRV-L Folks,

Given: All newbies are properly on REVIEW on a
semi-moderated list.

What Can Be Done?

1) When a newbie sends a message that *almost*
meets the rules, and

2) I return their message with a helpful, canned
message of instructions for how to fix and resubmit
the message so it *can* be distributed,

3) then they send the fixed message back to ME, and

4) then I send it back to them with further instructions,

5) then I (sometimes) get frustrated <growl>

As I went through this cycle once again today, it occurred
to me that possibly ya'll might have a neat reply-to munge
that would cause some common mail programs to send
the fixed message to the group, rather than to me.

I know reply-to munging is evil, and causes all sorts of
bad things (sun rises in West, moon fails to glow, tots
cry all night, servers stumble and fall, etc.), and will make
my hail fall out in clumps, however there are days I'd
consider reply-to munging a *blessing*

IF I could get the 30% of newbies who send fixed messages
back to me to "fail," and have their message end up at the
group address instead.

I'd appreciate comments on how to accomplish my goal,
using Eudora, PINE, Outlook and/or Outlook Express.

Any ideas? How do ya'll deal with this?

Thanks!

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner:
Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/index.html
Arthritis ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/arthritis/index.html
PCHealth ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/pchealth/index.html