Martin Bosker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 May 2004 09:31:10 +0200
Dear Colleques,

I'm receiving errors from one of the list administrators from a list from
the University Of Twente.

Does anybody know what this error means?
How can we prevent this error from occurring?

Here is an example coming from a @hotmail.com address:

Van: L-Soft list server at Universiteit Twente (1.8e)
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
<mailto:[mailto:[log in to unmask]]>
Verzonden: vrijdag 9 april 2004 16:23
Aan: Maarten Vissers
Onderwerp: TCW2004: error report from HOTMAIL.COM

The enclosed message, found in the TCW2004 mailbox and shown under the spool
ID 697468 in  the system  log, has  been identified as  a possible delivery
error notice  for  the following  reason:  "Sender:",  "From:" or
"Reply-To:" field pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

Regards,

Martin Bosker, Tactisch beheerder telecommunicatie
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
Universiteit Twente,  Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
telefoon: 053 - 489 2333,  fax: 053 - 489 2383
e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.utwente.nl/itbe <http://www.utwente.nl/itbe>