"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Apr 1992 15:59:49 CST
On Wed, 29 Apr 1992 15:44:54 EST Gary Sponseller said:
>On Wed, 29 Apr 1992 14:25:22 EST John Ryder said:
>>   When I try Listserv forwarding with the command:
>                        So, Listserv@UVMVM cannot forward for any non-UVMVM
>reader.
>
>>   'usera' on uvmadmin wants to have all his discussion list e-mail
>>   go to 'foobar'. Is there another way to do this ?
>
>Something on UVADMIN must intercept and forward the mail on its own system.
>Since UVADMIN is a VM system, you could install a Listserv there.  Or you
>could write a DVM to forward mail on UVADMIN.

Better yet, get a Columbia MAILER installed on UVADMIN, thus solving your
problem and complying with a lot of Internet/BITNET connectivity requirements.

The latest (greatest) version of MAILER, 2.08.04, supports direct mail
forwarding of BSMTP compliant mail to any other host, be it on BITNET or
on Internet. Additionally, the code comes with an auxiliary DVM you can
install, which takes care of scavenging and forwarding all those files
which arrive directly via the RSCS and bypass the Mailer. Forwarding of
non-mail files is supported only to other BITNET hosts.

Perhaps it is important to mention that UVADMIN does not appear on April's
version of the RSCS routing tables and MAILER's XMAILER NAMES file; i.e.,
it isn't a part of BITNET yet (I've discarded Hans-Ulrich's notification,
so I can't check if it will appear on May's tables).

/JMC/