Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:10:04 -0400
>There is a fairly old List has has archiving enabled however when
>the owner or I (administrator) try to look up the archives we get
>the message :
>

>There is no WWW archive page for the xxx list. Note that WWW archive
>access can be disabled on a per-list basis; this message does not
>necessarily mean that the list does not exist, or that no archives
>are available.
>
>Confidential or sensitive lists may not be listed on the list
>archive index You can use this form to access their online archives.
>Note that the form will also work with non-confidential lists.
>

>The last archive was from April 2010. In addition, the owner has
>another List with almost identical headers and there's no problem
>accessing the archives but the archive path was different for the
>one that is inaccessible however, the logs are all there. I'm not
>sure why the archive path was different for this one, all the other
>lists have the same path. I have change the path name and the folder
>for the list does exit. List Any idea why we're unable to access the
>archive and how to re-enable it again?

It sounds like web access to the list's archives has never been enabled.

In the WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR location specified in LISTSERV's site-wide
configuration, create a directory with the same name as the mailing
list.  (If this is a Unix installation, make sure that the directory
name is all lower case.)  Then issue a 'reindex listname' (replacing
'listname' with the name of the list) or restart LISTSERV and see if
that fixed the problem.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

L-Soft's LISTSERV(R) Choice Awards - The Mailys: Nominate and Vote
Today:  http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp

Got the latest LISTSERV version? Upgrade now to LISTSERV 16.0:
http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_160.asp