Dick Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:14:04 -0500
Hi,

I'm running Listserv for NT v1.8c.  Yesterday I changed a .list file and
may have corrupted it.  After the update, Listserv ceased responding
to email and when I checked the NT services, it was not running.
When we tried to start it, after about 10 seconds NT said that it (the
service) had stopped "unexpectedly".

I removed the offending .list file but it still wouldn't start.  We restarted
the server to no avail.  We restored the main directory from a backup
on last Friday but still it will not start.

NT gives no error messages other than the above and none of its logs
show anything from Listserv.

There are several .job files in the spool directory which I take to be
incoming mail that it hasn't dealt with.

Before I try a reinstall, any ideas on how to wake it up?

Thanks.

  -  Dick Duggan