CERN Eric Thomas <ERIC@CEARN>
Mon, 31 Aug 1987 14:02 GVA
>>> IMPORTANT <<<

To all  CP release 5 sites:  PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT  YOU HAVE A FIX  FOR THE CP
CHANGE COMMAND BUG. There is a bug causing the CP CHANGE command to ignore the
4 last  characters of the userid  when processing a "CP  CHANGE userid RDR..."
This bug may cause mail to be sent to the wrong list, or mail for a given list
to be sent to LISTSERV, or mail to LISTSERV to go to a list, or...

I am not saying that this is the  cause of the problem reported by MRG, but it
is a possibility. I can provide an IBM  PTF for the bug if needed (it's just 1
line: change a DS 2F to DS CL8).

  Eric