Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:03:43 -0500
On 11/30/2011 13:32, Georgi Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question concerning two lists that I have and I have about 20 people
> subscribed to both lists. When a mail is sent to one list at a time the
> subscribers get the mail as expected. When a mail is sent to both lists the 20
> subscribers only receive one list. Now to my understanding Listserv doesn’t
> filter out addresses unless it is setup in the tree structure that allows
> filtering. We currently don’t have a tree structure setup in our listserv. How
> would the listserv filter the addresses from the two lists? In the log file I
> see that the mail was sent to the 20 people from both lists but they did not
> receive the mail twice.
>
> Is my assumption correct?

The most likely explanation is that the second copy of the single message is being
filtered as a duplicate, based on the message-id, by the recipients' email service
provider(s) and/or email clients. Gmail does this. There may be other providers who do
this, as well.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team