Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:15:09 -0500
>Folks,
>I just installed a new LAK on a trial version of the LISTSERV 14.4, and
>when I went to restart the server I get:

>And the server will not start.
>Any ideas here??  It was working fine before the new year.

That error typically means that something is binding to port 25 of
the LISTSERV server, preventing LISTSERV from doing so and therefore
from starting.

IIS SMTP is a common culprit here.  This also sometimes appears if
you start LISTSERV in console mode and, while it is running this way,
you try to start the LISTSERV service.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

All of our manuals are available for download at
   <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>