Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:01:13 -0500
You could do a
 Query ***GUI*** listname for *@*
on the existing list, then do some scripted processing on the response,
to produce a batch of ADD and SET commands for the new lists.

An easier way, requiring participation of your site admin, is simply to
copy the listname.LIST file currently containing the subscribers and
settings you want, into the NewListName.LIST files you wish to create,
then make suitable adjustments for the fine details like archive path
and owner, etc. (and don't forget the templates).

You might also consider using facilities within your DBMS service, once
you have the first set of subscribers and options established for one
list, copy the table.  I don't use the DBMS option, so I can't say for
sure if this technique is actually feasible.

Good Morning,

Does anyone know the best way to copy subscribers from one list to
another via LISTSERV email commands? We are currently implementing the
DBMS lists and these lists have certain topics for the subscribers I
want to copy all the subscribers info(topics included) to several new
lists.

While researching this I came across the MOVE command but when I tried
to test it I received a message saying that my environment is not set to
use this command. Does any have any suggestions/input?

Thanks in advance for your time.