Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:16:32 -0500
On 2/12/2007 12:56, De La Cruz, Pablo wrote:
>> I hope I can get an answer to the following question which is causing a
>> big issue with lots of our instance of our mailing lists generated for
>> our campus.
>> For a very strange and unexplainable reason many of our lists have
>> changed the domain name and inherited a different one than our campus.
>> We we configured all of the implicated mailing lists (about 15 in
>> total) all of them were established with the following domain:
>> <listname>@GC.listserv.cuny.edu. Now it appears that the domain name
>> was changed to: <listname>@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU.
>> Is there any logical reason why this will mysteriously happen with
>> LSoft Listserv?

I suspect that you added a 'Listname=' statement to the header of each
list, and do not understand why the list address in message headers on
list postings does not reflect this name. The hostname specified in the
'Listname=' statement must also appear in the 'MYDOMAIN=' statement in
the site configuration file. Other changes may be required to prevent
the mail server software on the LISTSERV server from rewriting the
hostname portion of list addresses, and to prevent the web server software
from rewriting the hostname in URLs.

For additional information, see my posting to this list dated 16 Jan 2002
with the subject 'Re: Listserv and domains'
<http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0201&L=LSTSRV-L&F=&S=&P=7960>.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team