Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:19:44 -0500
On Feb 27, 2021, at 9:49 AM, David Collantes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> We all know that adding a RFC822 "X-LSVAfter:" header with the proper values will allow a posting to be scheduled for a certain date and time. For senders using less powerful email clients, which do not allow headers modifications, is there a way to set a command at the first line of the posting (body of the email) that will have the same effect? Something like:

> To: [log in to unmask]
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: A delayed posting

> Dear all,
>
> If you are getting this email it means I have won the lottery. See ya.... not!
>
> Is there something like that?

There isn’t a way to include a command in the body of a message that is sent to a mailing list. In general the way I would do this would be to post the message via LISTSERV’s web interface — there’s a ’Show Advanced’ button which will reveal an option to Schedule Delivery.

There are more complicated options available (they could send the message as a DISTRIBUTE job, fo rinstance), but the syntax is pretty exacting and I would be concerned about typos resulting in messages being distributed at unwanted times.

-jwgh