"Juan M. Courcoul" <PP838474@TECMTYVM>
Wed, 19 Oct 88 12:35:51 EDT
In the course of regular operation of our Listserv, I have seen it receive
jobs sent by other members of the backbone, with commands having the
'NETWIDE' option. However, a fair number of these commands have an obvious
syntax error in them (i.e. UNSUB FOO-LIST (NETWIDE ).

Pursuing this, I attempted sending such a command to our server, observing
the console at the same time. Apparently, my command also gets sent to all
other backbone servers, even though it is invalid and will generate only an
error message.

Is this normal ?   Shouldn't the server at least parse the command and
validate it's syntax before loading the rest of the servers with an erroneous
request ?

Juan