David Kalins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:37:48 PDT
Dear Friends -- The person at our site who generally manages our Listserv is
currently on vacation, and I've gotten a request from one of our list managers
for something which (for me at least) is rather out of the ordinary.  I wonder
perhaps if any of you can tell me whether what he wants is possible.

We are running Listserv 1.8b on a VM/CMS system.  We use LMail as a mail
handler.  This one list manager is about to move his list from our system to a
Listserv on a totally different machine.  He has asked us to do two things:

1)  He wants mail sent to the list on our machine to be forwarded to the
list on the new machine.  I would tend to do this using the mail forwarding
capabilities of LMail.  I suppose Listserv can also do this too, but I haven't
ever used that facility in Listserv.

2)  He also would like the list on our system to send an automatic canned
response to anyone who sends mail to it, saying that the list has been moved
to another address.  Can Listserv do that?  How is that implemented???

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.    --dk

David Kalins
Central Computing Services
University of California, Berkeley