Kamal Kamra <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:59:09 -0800
Hi,

Here is my current setup.

We have a ListServ installed on Solaris 8 and it is working fine. It has
sendmail 8.12 installed on it and it is working OK. But we are almost at a
point where sendmail is no longer able to handle the mail traffic so we are
deciding to migrate to postfix. As part of testing postfix with listserv
1.8d I have installed postfix on a separate machine (Solaris 7) and
configured it to send and receive mails and it is working fine. I have not
touched my current sendmail configuration on list server. Now I want
listserv to send all its outgoing messages to the new machine. I did
following on list server machine and it did not help

1. Killed all "lsv" daemons
2. Edited file "go.user" and added following lines
       SMTP_FORWARD="newmachine.domain.com"
        export SMTP_FORWARD
3. restarted listserv by /usr/local/listserv/go bg

Any ideas, what could be wrong?

TIA

Kamal