"Mark R. Williamson" <MARK@RICE>
Wed, 1 Mar 89 11:20:11 CST
On Tue, 28 Feb 89 23:11:06 EST Geert K. Marien said:
>... while we are all on the subject of disappearing subscriptions ... there is
>also  the opposite  problem. Some  people  seem to  be getting  two copies  of
>mail.  The  usual case  for  this  is that,  for  some  reason, they  get  put
>not  only on  the list  at the  correct server,  but also  at a  European one.

This may not be the full explantion, but in several such cases which I have
investigated the European list is not a peer list, but a subordinate list,
to LISTSERV cannot reroute the subscription request to a closer peer.  Other
than that, the only way it should be able to happen (with true peers) is for
a list owner to do an ADDHERE.  Right?