Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 2004 08:43:40 -0400
On Wed, 5 May 2004 07:06:33 -0400, Bob Glazer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Our Linux server keeps sending out an
>X-SUPD job to a number of list owners annoying several owners, at least.
>How can I stop the X-SUPD job from automatically executing.

X-SUPD jobs are information exchange between servers.  List Owners should
never see them unless something is terribly wrong.

1 way to fix this.  Add this line to go.user and stop/restart LISTSERV.

RUNMODE="STANDALONE"

(removes you from the LISTSERV Backbone, and all X-SUPD jobs.  Also removes
your site from Catalist.  Obviously you should not do this if your site is a
registered memeber of the Backbone.)