"Richard A. Schafer" <SCHAFER@RICE>
Mon, 14 Mar 88 17:45:37 CST
I have more information on this.  I have captured one of the distributed
files (this time coming via OHSTVMA from EB0UB011).

The following lines are at the front of a typical file.  I had plenty to
choose from.  :-(

//NETWORKS.HELPMAIL JOB Echo=No,Reply-to="LISTSERV@EB0UB011",Reply-via=NONE
DIST FROM=LISTSERV@EB0UB011 ACK=None TO MAILBOOK@RICE
//Via DD "MAILBOOK@EB0UB011 MAILBOOK@OHSTVMA"
//Data DD *,EOF,Res=Disk

The tag for this file showed it originated at OHSTVMA LISTSERV at 12.09.35 CST
on 3/14/88, with original spoolid 3325.

The console log for LISTSERV shows:  (I'm disabling DISTRIBUTE to catch this)

PUN FILE 7716 FROM RSCS     COPY 001   NOHOLD
14 Mar 1988 17:23:11 Processing file (7716) from LISTSERV@OHSTVMA
14 Mar 1988 17:23:14 From LISTSERV@OHSTVMA: DIST FROM=LISTSERV@EB0UB011 ACK=None
 TO MAILBOOK@RICE
PUN FILE 7719 FROM RSCS     COPY 001   NOHOLD
14 Mar 1988 17:24:29 Processing file (7719) from LISTSERV@OHSTVMA
14 Mar 1988 17:24:32 From LISTSERV@OHSTVMA: DIST FROM=LISTSERV@EB0UB011 ACK=None
 TO MAILBOOK@RICE
PUN FILE 7728 FROM RSCS     COPY 001   NOHOLD
14 Mar 1988 17:26:03 Processing file (7728) from LISTSERV@OHSTVMA

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Can anyone stop this?!
Until this thing gets stopped, I'm going to have to disable DISTRIBUTE.

Richard