John Riehl <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jan 1992 15:03:12 PST
On Fri, 17 Jan 1992 14:27:20 MST Kingsavanh Bounkeua (CIRT) said:
>     I install LISTSERV on UNMVM (9370 model 60, running VM/SP rel 6) about
>3 years ago, since then the demand of LISTSERV service has grown.
>Therefore I need to move the LISTSERV service from UNMVM to our bigger
>machine UNMVMA (9121 model 320, running VM/ESA 1.1). If anyone out there
>have done this before please give me some hints, tips, procedures and items
>that I need to be aware of during the migration so that I will not
>interrupts the LISTSERV service. Thanks you vary much.

whoa.  right now, unmvma is not defined as a bitnet node.  You DONT want
to migrate until after the node tables come out, with unmvma defined, or
people wont be able to send to it (unless they send to the old, and it
gets rerouted, but that may cause other problems).  From my discussions
with people at UNM, I dont know that anyone at UNM submitted the node
add command before the cutoff.

jr
(john riehl)
('I stand by all the misstatements that I have made' -- Dan Quayle )