Timothy Stephen <STEPHEN@RPICICGE>
Tue, 14 Mar 89 00:57:19 EST
If I have a file named 'TEST FILE', and I want to send it to a group of
people, can I use listserv's remote jobs feature to send it in such a
way that it arrives in a recipient's reader as 'TEST MAIL' rather than
as 'STEPHEN MAIL'.  I have only been successful in making it arrive
as 'STEPHEN MAIL'.  I want to be able to send it (Punch, class m) with
RFC822 headers but with the filename of my choice.  Can this be done?
If so, I would appreciate any help anyone might supply in understanding
how to code this.

Second, I wish for this mail to be distributed in such a way that I can
be confident that when there are multiple recipients at a particular
node, this sub-list of users will not appear in the mail file (perhaps
as some sort of extended to: or CC: list).  Imagine a situation where
a group that belongs to a mailing list would not want it known that
they belong, not even to other local list members.  Again, is there
something that I can code in the distribution job (I don't want to
set up a listserv list for this) that will guarantee this sort of
protection?

Thanks!

Tim Stephen