Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:05:06 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pete Weiss 2.0
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bounced Email

What I want is to process all bounced email myself, I just want listserv to
send the bounced email to a particular mailbox so my system can process the
bounced email and update my list.

I wonder if Bruno meant exclusive of LISTSERV(R) processing, or some place
other than the default?

If the second, then we can talk about this on lstown-L

but in a nut-shell:

 update list definition keywords

ERRORS-TO= rfc822_addresses
AUTO-DELETE= NO

/Pete

At 13:18 3/16/2006 Thursday, Ben Parker wrote:
>On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:46:02 -0400, Bruno Robichaud
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>I want to send bounced email to a another place than the listserv box
>
>Since one of LISTSERV's main functions is automatic processing of error
>bounces, why might you want to do this?
>
>>but don't know really know how or what to put to tell listserv to send my
>>email a another place .
>
>As it happens this is not possible with standard LISTSERV list emails.  It
>is possible only with DISTRIBUTE jobs and other non-List mailings.
>
>>also I want to know how to make listserv handle the
>>bounce just in case my first option is not ready can someone tell me how
plz

>The List Owners Manual, Chap 4.7 would be a good start:
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc128537009
>
>followed by the settings for the Auto-Delete list header keyword
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#kAutoDelete
End Reply