"Hiler, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:08:28 -0400
The best thing to do is follow the install instructions for UNIX from Lsoft.

The major difference besides commands differences between Windows and UNIX is the aliases file. You must edit the aliases file with the proper entries every time you create a new list. You must re-initialize the aliases file each time you edit it.

Be sure you have sendmail set up properly.

Do you have staff that knows UNIX?

	-----Original Message-----

	From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum on behalf of Randy Klumph

	Sent: Fri 6/3/2005 3:02 PM

	To: [log in to unmask]

	Subject: Win --> Solaris Migration

	We are considering migrating LISTSERV from Windows to Solaris (SPARC).

	Does anyone have any experience with this and/or advice they can offer?

	What are the pitfalls? I am Solaris illiterate, so I will be relying

	heavily on the IT staff. I don't even know what questions to ask

	_______

	Regards,

	Randy Klumph

	LISTSERV Administrator