Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 18:33:22 +0100
A number  of minor problems  have been  reported with the  17E-002D code,
among which:

- "Editor blurb" not removed from digest.

- Digest never resets if "Notebook= No".

- It wasn't clear to everyone that a  WAKEPARM FILE entry had to be added
  (my fault).  As usual a  couple PROFILE XEDIT  happily set the  file to
  RECFM V which caused additional problems (not my fault :-) ).

Since I cannot generate a fix  for all these problems without including a
lot of other pre-requisite changes, I  am deleting 17E-002D. If you badly
need  the functionality  but  hadn't ordered  it yet,  you  will have  to
beta-test 1.7f.

Two  minor  problems  were  found  with the  new  DISTRIBUTE  code,  both
affecting file distributions only (the rarest  - no surprise). One of the
two bugs  has just been  fixed, the  other one was  fixed in most  of the
recent 1.7f  distributions. I  am now issuing  a BETA-1.7f-1  shipment to
resynchronize  everyone. I  your server  doesn't  get this  within a  few
hours, it means I forgot I had sent  you UPD17F code; just drop me a note
and I'll update my files.

  Eric