Texas A&M Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 May 1998 09:12:04 CDT
On Mon, 25 May 1998 21:58:41 -0400 Peter Bostrom said:
>I've read the docs thoroughly and tried several approaches on a test
>list using a variety of mail clients. I'd really like to be able to make these
>postings look like they're coming from the original sender -- nothing
>nefarious here, just simple edits for typos and formatting mostly.

The only mail client I've found that does Resent- headers in a usable
format (and allows edits) is MAILBOOK, written by Richard Schafer.  The
bad news is that this program only runs under IBM's VM operating system.

Pine *can* do what you want, in a round about way.  If you save the
message you want to resend into the suspended-messages folder, you can
edit the message (and the To: line) by answering "yes" when you Compose
a message.

I have not found a PC based pop/imap client that can do this at all
(other than the PC version of Pine).   If you (or anyone else) ever
finds one, I'ld sure like to know too.