Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:14:01 -0400
On 3 Jun 2005 at 13:44, Randy Klumph wrote:

> The university is consolidating computing services and have been
> centralizing individual dept services. The Solaris has significantly
> more resources (storage, RAID, fiber optics, etc.) and campus computing
> suggested moving LSV to their location. They are less likely to do so
> however, if it means more work for them. They do not want any part of
> administrating LSV, only housing it. It sounds like I can make a strong
> case to keep it where it is given the above and the additional
> licensing of $1000 + a $1000 migration fee.

Much as I'd rather you sent those $2000 to L-Soft ;-), it seems that
you could spend that amount to upgrade your Windows box (add RAID &
memory) WITHOUT adding to your or your CS dept's headaches.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html