Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:51:04 -0700
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:35:07 -0500, Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>One subscriber at Concentric managed to dance the whole jig from begining
>to end today, and mentioned that this was being done to another commercial
>list distribution service he _owns_ lists on (not Listserv based).

We haven't seen similar issues from our servers with mail to concentric.net
(knock on wood that we don't), but the general rule we follow, after taking all
reasonable steps such as you have outlined and already done) is to put the onus
back on the paying subscribers/users of the ISP who have some hope expectation
of being listened to merely by virtue of being paying customers.  You (and we
and any other mailer) are fundamentally an annoyance to the receiving site and
really have no grounds to complain.  Only people who are the paying customers
will have any real weight to make complaints.  Such people should be prepared to
find a new ISP if they do not receive satisfaction.  ISPs will eventually
respond when it hits them in the pocketbook hard enough.  8-(