Jeffrey R Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Nov 1991 08:28:02 EDT
I'm not sure if this is an error with Listserv, Mailer, or FAL, but the
following address is causing problems (underscore in node name).  LISTSERV
allowed the subscription and Mailer processed it, but FAL seems to be
dumping it now.  Any ideas what to do here?

/Jeff/
The enclosed mail file, found in the WORDS-L reader and shown under the spoolid
7094  in the  console log,  has been  identified as  a possible  delivery error
notice for the following reason: mail subject indicates a delivery problem.

------------------------ Message in error (105 lines) -------------------------
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 91 16:44:53 EST
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Undeliverable Mail

Error in Batch SMTP Command Sequence.
Unable to deliver mail to some/all recipients.
Reply codes with first digit = '4' or  '5' are error replies:

220 uga.cc.uga.edu running IBM VM SMTP R1.2.2MX on Thu, 31 Oct 91 16:44:53 EST
050 HELO UGA.CC.UGA.EDU
250 uga.cc.uga.edu is my domain name.  Yours too, I see!
050 TICK 9495
250 OK
050 MAIL FROM:<[log in to unmask]>
250 OK

[irrelevant RCPT TO:s deleted]

050 RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]>
250 OK
050 RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]>
501 Syntax Error. Unexpected Token '_'
050 RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]>
250 OK
050 DATA
354 Enter mail body.  End by new line with just a '.'
250 Mail Delivered
050 QUIT
221 uga.cc.uga.edu running IBM VM SMTP R1.2.2MX closing connection

           ** Text of Mail follows **
HELO UGA.CC.UGA.EDU
TICK 9495