Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:57:45 -0500
On 11/9/00 at 9:55 AM -0500, Stan Horwitz said:

>Is there a way for a Listserv site maintainer to run a periodic test
>to be sure everything is in synch? I would like to get a report on this
>on a daily basis.

I have a perl script I run about once a month.  Our Listserv is on an AIX system.

I first get a list of all ".list" files.  Then I check consistency with any .mailtpl, .welcome etc. files, notebook files, web index files and /etc/alias entries.  I just write messages to the log and then clean up any problems by hand.
Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)